Wednesday, October 13, 2004

National League Championship Series... BEGIN!

The Cardinals start the final leg before the actual world series tonight. The square off with the Houston Astros in St. Louis. A ton of my friends are going. I'm jealous. Yes I know. I am a Chicago Cubs fan but the way I feel is that I am a fan of the sport before I am a fan of any particular team. Don't you agree? How can you root for a team in a sport if you don't even care for the sport in the first place? First you find your love for the sport and then you find your love for a team. It goes in that order. It shouldn't be any other way. So even though I am a Cubs fan, I am jealous that everyone is on their way down to St. Louis to watch game 1 of the NLCS. Can you imagine how exciting that would be? The fans would truly be what the word fan is a derivative of "fanatic". It would be crazy, exciting, and fun down there. Just knowing how crucial every pitch and every play is for getting to the next level. The World Series. Unfortunately I am working and don't have the luxury of being able to take time off to do this. Yeah yeah, if I really wanted to I could have asked off. I have personal days that I can take. I still need to be responsible about them. I need the money that I am making from working right now. The tickets are pretty darned expensive too for these games. Plus just going down I would spend money on gas and food along the way more than likely so that is more money I would be spending when I am currently not making money because of the time that I have taken off. So I just couldn't let myself do that. Now... If I should happen to get World Series tickets then that is a different story. The energy of NLCS increases by 10 fold and weighs much differently on the need to ask off of work. All I have to say now is that for now Go Cards! But if the Cards end up making the World Series against the Boston Red Sox then I am definitely rooting for Boston. They have had a hard knock time just like the Cubs when it comes to making the World Series and actually winning the World Series. But I will deal with that when the time comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters