Tuesday, October 12, 2004

An Effort

Whew. Today has been less than boring but not exciting. I paid some bills today. That is always a hoot. Giving all these people money. About $230 in bills I'm like, but I just earned that! I ran some errands to the post office and then to buy some filing folders so that I can get my affairs in order and be more organized than a huge pile that I rummage through every few days to make sure I am on top of things. Which I didn't check for a few days and my cell phone bill is going to be late since it was due Sunday, ooops. My parents get home from their trip to Tunica with all my aunts and uncles tonight. Not til late though. I don't think that they won any money. I hear that no one did really well. I was hoping with more family concentrated in one place their odds would go up for at least someone coming away with a big win. I will get the final details when my parents arrive home. So with their homecoming that means that tonight is my last night of taking care of my Grandma. I've been keeping an eye on her since all of her kids and kids-in-laws are out gambling and having a hootinanahollerin good time. She hasn't made me any food in a few days but I keep telling her that I can manage on my own. I know how to cook. I'm a really good cook too among other things...

I realize with taking care of my grandma since Saturday that I don't spend nearly enough time with her. I have really enjoyed seeing her everyday. She isn't as healthy as she used to be too and forgets things quite often. I am going to make the extra effort to see her more often. Heck, she does live next door. I know I know. That makes me look bad but I do have my own life to live and manage. But I do have time for her and I'm going to make it. She is the only grandma I have left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters