Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Marriage

How can people date for just a short amount of time and then decide to get married. Marriage is for life. It is for better or worse. How can you know in just 3 months or less that the person you are with is someone you can be with for the rest of your life? Even if I have a really good feeling about it, what is the rush? Is there a rush because you feel that the person may run off and change their mind? I hope not because if that is the case you shouldn't get married. Do you feel that you need to get married just to get it over with? That isn't very smart either. Is it that the sooner you get married then later in life you can say you've been married x amount of years to look impressive? That would be lame. I just don't get it. I feel I really need to know a person and also I want them to know me before that big day comes. Because in my mind once I'm married, I'm married. There is no turning back because why would you want to turn back anyway? The only reason for turning back is because you jumped the gun, I feel. You didn't know the person as well as you thought you did in the first place which takes you back to not taking enough time to get to know the person. Plus I hear that the time dating before actual marriage is sometimes the most special because the demands of "family life" are not as pressing. More fun and carefree are the days of dating and/or serious relationship. Is there something wrong with the period of dating that people want to get out of that period as fast as possible so that they can be a married couple for the rest of their lives? God I hope not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters