Monday, October 04, 2004

I taught today

Awww. Today was great. This afternoon Loretta wanted to take the kids on the playground because she hasn't been outside in about 3 weeks and she loves being outdoors. Well, I was like sure, I'll stay in because that is only fair. So Loretta had got some fire prevention fun books that have games and such in them along with important information in it. Well I got to sit down with half of the group at a time and attempted to teach them about fire safety. I felt so happy after I did that. Now we didn't finish because we are working on the booklets all week long but it was good. I told them about detectors, exstinguishers, and the different types of fires and how to handle grease fires with baking soda. I really hope they took something away from all of this. Some didn't know what a fire exstinguisher was so I know that I accomplished something just by pointing that out. I think I enjoy teaching the kids a whole lot better than just trying to regulate out on the playground. It gets very tiring out there always having to keep your gaurd up and yell over here and then yell over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters