Tuesday, October 05, 2004

KIDS!

Ah these kids! They won't listen to me. Miss Loretta leaves for a few minutes to get a kid straightened out with his homework situation which is becoming a huge situation. I have one table of kids who I'm having put their heads down because they were misbehaving. I have another table of kids who are finishing up their projects for the day because it was K and 1st grades' day for an art project. Then I have the middle table with just a few odds and ends. Yeah, I'm just monitoring because it should be simple. Half are heads down which means no touching and no talking. They don't seem to understand that this means that. Even though I kept telling them and telling them. Then the youngins who are doing their art are just getting louder and louder. For a decent amount of time they act like they listen and then end up doing the same thing over and over. So finally I just yell. BE QUIET! oh and I yelled. I had already been at "elevated voice" stage. Everyone shut up immediately. It was amazing. They knew I meant business. Although one kid started crying. I was like, UGH! I go and ask him why he is crying. He says that I yelled at him. I restated that I yelled at everyone because everyone was entirely too loud. I was not singling him out. He slowly stopped crying. Some of these kids are pretty sensitive yet others are numb to any scolding and brush it off as if it were nothing. So I had a decent amount of quiet for a few minutes then Loretta finally came back. I told her what I did and I think she was happy with that because we both know they don't listen to me as well as they listen to her. I'm starting to send kids inside from the playground much more now. I will sit a kid in time out. These kids are a rough group. And we never have more than 20 there at a time. You think, oh only 20 kids? Yeah, well it is a range of K - 5, so we have kids who have no idea what is going on and others who smart off to you thinking they own the world and can do no wrong. We do have a few who are just great and almost always listen and follow instructions. I praise them when they do to show that punishing kids isn't the only thing that we are there for. We are slowly figuring out what to do with the kids as to how we will keep them in line.

This felt like last Friday all over again when they wouldn't listen to me and I kept having to try to disipline them.

Today I only had 2 kids get hurt on my watch. One was swinging around a tetherball pole and flung herself onto the ground and hit her head. She fakes being hurt quite often but of course I still had to investigate. She actually did hurt her head and had a small mark. It was nothing serious though and she would live. Another kid apparently hit his shin very hard on the steps of the monkey bars or something. All of a sudden he is on the ground crying in pain. skin is not broken and there isn't even a bruise but I still can see where he hit it. I do what I was taught when I was a little kid "WALK IT OFF" That was the solution to everything when I was a kid. Just walk it off and you will be better in a little bit. So I now impart this wisdom to the kids that I watch. All we are allowed to do for the kids are use preventative measures and band-aids. Yep. I'm not a doctor and parents don't want me to treat their kids, so I just say walk it off and put a bandaid on it.

Thursday is my 2nd pay day. I'm already looking forward to that. You think, kyle will probably just spend it all on DVDs. Yeah right. I've got bills out my wahzoo that I need to get paid off. Bill here and a bill there. This paycheck is going to be going places already. Just like the last one. Now I do need to get myself some new shirts and maybe a few more pairs of jeans. I definately need a new pair of shoes. It has been about 2 years since I bought the pair I am currently wearing and they are not holding up but by barely. It will be nice to finally start saving some money too. My savings has sat at a standstill since I opened it in May with the 100 bucks that is in there. I need to start it up and get it going. If I am to go places in life I need savings.


I have this coming Monday completely off for Columbus Day. I'm so Stoked. A weekday off without asking it off it going to be nice. A 3 day weekend. What shall I do? Maybe go visit Crow and Ben in Peoria? Maybe sit at home and rent movies or just watch Starz channel? Maybe sit at the bar all weekend and just watch other people drink?

Oh yeah. I put this in a comment on Shoofly's website but for the next month or so I am not drinking anything alcoholic or any soda beverages. I have my all so important follow up appointment with my Blood Doctor to check me out and make sure things are going well with me. I want to have some damned healthy blood by that time. Now I expect that if I got checked right now that I would be fine but I want things to look exceptionally good for the doc. I want to hear all good news. I want to hear that the surgery is still a success and that my platelets are still at really good levels. Plus I need to lose a little weight. My dad is trying to claim that when I drink the days that follow I eat a whole lot more than I do when I am abstaining from drinking. I think that this is bullshit but hey. I do know there is some correlation. But I just like to eat. Eating is tastey and good. I'm going to try and start eating less too.... just when that is going to be I really don't know. I should just start right now or even when I started thinking about it a while back but I am an awesome procrastinator and I can put something off until it is the very end or even when it is too late. Let us hope that it is never too late for me. Yay. Okay. I have been typing for a long ass time now. I am going to leave you with some words of wisdom.


Get your car "winterized". I have a really bad feeling that this winter is going to be really harsh considering last winter was mild and this summer was mild. I forsee a whole heck of a lot of snow. Make sure your battery is good and your oil is changed and that you have good antifreeze. Also own 2 ice scrapers. Keep one inside your home and one inside your car. Sometimes the car doors freeze shut and you can start scraping before you deal with opening those doors.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 05, 2004 10:09:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do people act so damn shicked when I say I don't to have kids?? You see how it is, these kids are out for blood. And look at us, they don't even go away when they are 18. You;re stuck with them FORVER.

 
At Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:14:00 PM , Blogger K- said...

Even though kids can drive a person batty I believe that they are totally worth it. If everyone just said I don't want to have kids we would exist no more. They make me nuts but isn't that how things go when you care about something. You can care so much you go nuts. I'm fine with you not wanting to have kids. It is totally your choice as a human being as to whether or not you want to have your own some day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters