Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Go Cardinals!

Haha. Just kidding. If I believe my eyes the Saint Louis Cardinals just got swept in the 2004 MLB Wolrd Series by the Boston Red Sox who haven't won a World Series title since 1918. Well, I guess I was wrong leading all of you Cardinal fans on by saying in a previous post that you would not get swept by the Red Sox in the Fall Classic. How wrong I was, right? Woooweeee! Craziness. Yes I was rubbing it in that the Cardinals got their asses handed to them on a Silver Platter. That is only Silver because first place finishers get either Gold or Platinum depending upon what sport you play. I think I heard someone say tonight that 2nd place is the 1st place LOSER. Yes, go ahead and say, "Well Kyle, You know that the Cubs didn't even make it to the postseason." And I will reply with, "Yep, I know it, quite a disappointment but the Cubs did not deserve the postseason with the way they played. It just wasn't good ball." The Cardinals played some good ball but then it caught up with them. The steam engine actually can run out of steam once in a while. It was bound to happen just unfortunately it happened to the Cardinals ballclub on the first and ONLY 4 games of the 2004 World Series. I noticed Coble Animal hospital on MacArthur got a little overeager and as of this morning put up something to the extent of Congratulations St. Louis Cardinals 2004 World Series Champions. I bet whoever comes in first tomorrow morning has the job of taking that down immediately because Cardinal fans might start sending hate mail and call them relentlessly to get that taken down because they don't want to be reminded about how their team sucked it up in the World Series. Just think about how many wins you had over all the others in the central division this year. Maybe the Cardinals used up all their wins a little too early. Maybe they could have spared a few and used those wins to get the world series title. There was a little breathing room. It was all or nothing though right? You still can fall back on saying that you were the NLCS Champions. That is worth something isn't it? I hope so... Hey Cardinal fans! Wait 'til Next Year!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Comments:

At Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:42:00 AM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

Kyle, I am not going to fall in your trap.

So I am going to tell you what a great post season you missed. IT WAS AWESOME! Talk about a lifetime experience. Beating the Dodgers, then landing in a slump against Houston and winning it in Game 7. Which I was at Game 6 and Game 7!!!

Everyone around us was cool at the games. Slapping hands with Dad's, grandma's, grandpa's, little kids... My little bro got offered to do a shot of Jaeger with some random guys. Paying $10 for a souvenir beer. (I kept the cup). Eating about 20 or so hot dogs and pretzels (ooh soo good).. Seeing both sides of Ed, "Winning Ed" and "WTF are you doing Larusa Ed." Losing purses in random st. louis taxi and finding it!! Chugging a 24oz Bud in 2 mins....

After game 7, I had so many 'victory' beverages that I was randomly talking to people and scoring more 'victory' beverages!! And scoring hot chicks (I think?!?!?)

Thats what you missed.

 
At Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:42:00 AM , Blogger gotshoo.com said...

And I don't care about owing your sister 10 bucks. She's hot. She could have just asked me for it :)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters