Sunday, October 24, 2004

WS Game 1

Well, I just have to say. I've never seen Ed more sad in my life. He looked so bad after his team the Cardinals lost game 1 of the World Series. Buck up little camper, everything will be okay. Your team will win a few games. I don't predict the Red Soxs to sweep you guys or anything. They do have home field advantage and that helps mentally for the home team. Did you think about how the last time you two played each other in the world series you guys beat them? Maybe this time around it is their turn to win it? You can't have it all the time. I'm all for the Red Sox to win it. I don't care about how Ed tells me that even Red Sox fans make fun of the Cubs too. I'm not a Red Sox fan am I? Nope. But when it comes down to it I have picked who I want to see win the End All World Series and I say it is going to be the Boston Red Socks. I've been supportive of the Cardinals up until this point in time but I want the Red Soxs to win more. If the Cubs were still in it I would root them the entire way because they are my team but unfortunately they didn't have the "stuff" to make it to the post season this year.

Mr. Shoofly is "in waiting" for hearing about if he gets a really good job or not. Anyone and everyone keep him in your thoughts and hopefully he gets this one.

Well yesterday was a blast and downer at the same time. Started my day off with a funeral for a long time family friend. One of my sisters came home from Chicago for the weekend for the funeral. My other sister that lives closer but is rarely seen also was there for it. We all hung out (the family and family friends ) at Spammy's which is a small bar over on Stanford by hometown pantry. I love that bar! I always forget how much I enjoy hanging out there. I've only been there with family before so I mainly just associate it with them. We hung out there from about 4pm until 8:15pm when I headed down to Browns because I had to work the door at 9pm. I really enjoy hanging out with my family in that capacity. The time went by so fast and there was never a dull moment. Then even after I went down to the bar and my sisters came down a little bit later. I felt so proud. They were sitting there almost the entire time of the game and heckled all of the Cardinal fans. Booing when the Cards did well and Cheering when the Sox did well. They were the only ones. That takes guts to do considering that about 95% of the bar was there to watch the Cardinals win. Shannon even made bets with Shoofly and Ed over who would win the world series. If Boston wins then Shoo owes my sister 10 bucks and Ed will owe my sister 20 bucks. She is holding them to it too. And she will be true to it and pay them if she loses. Although she won't be losing so it's all good.

I think Ed and I are going to watch the WS Game 2 tonight at Sammy's not to be confused with Spammy's. Two totally different bars. GO RED SOX!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters