Saturday, April 10, 2004

My Word...


One of my favorite lines from a movie right now is "The Dude abides" which is of course from The Big Lebowski. It is very close to my own feelings on life right now. People get reiled up over petty crap that won't matter tomorrow or even in a few hours. Going with the flow should be something that most everyone should be able to do. I am finding that it is not too easy for everyone. Some people want to be the center of attention and people who are actually at the center or are striving for the center cannot fully go with the flow. I like attention. It is nice. I feel though that if I get attention then that is cool but at the same time if I don't then it is whatever. Something else that has been pissing me off lately is when people do not take me seriously when it is blatently obvious that I am being serious. I do not get upset or rather mad very often. I have nothing to get mad about. If you give me something to be serious about then make it out like I am a bad guy and will not listen to me then that really irks me. Go ahead and try me. You don't want to piss off a pacifist. Does this make sense? I don't like fights (physical or verbal). Not my style but if things get pushed to that then I don't know what would happen. It hasn't happened so if you see where a guy has never been there before then expect the unexpected. I'm just saying. When I am serious then that means that I am serious. I wish every single person in the world who drinks alcohol could be paired with a nondrinking designated driver. I know I need one but I feel everyone needs one. I'm sorry that I care. I'm sorry that I don't notice these things like I should when drinking. Blah. Okay. I am tired about talking about this.

Today is Merf XXV : Twenty Five Years of Craziness. http://merf.justshoo.com It has been a long time coming. He has a hall rented and a band lined up and a DJ lined up and lots of Old Style Beer for Cubs fans, games, music, hot women. I think it will be an awesome time. Easter is in the morning so I think that might suffer a little bit. I warned my mom ahead of time so she wouldn't be freaked out if I can't wake up early.

OH! Today. Josh, you crazy kid. If I don't get to bed until about 6:15am then don't call me just over 6 hours later at 12:30pm. AT LEAST wait until about 2:00pm and even then I may not be able to function properly if I wake up. I need like 10 hours of solid sleep anymore and 6 hours is nowhere NEAR 10 hours of sleep. Also IF you wake me up go ahead and expect me to be very short, grumpy, and grouchy while talking to you and that is IF I talk to you at all. This goes for anyone who is calling me not just Josh even though he is the one who woke me up today suggesting I play frisbee golf which is ludacris. I don't play sports. Well I can but I don't desire to just play on a whim. I like to watch. That does not require an early call to wake me up. HEY! Want to watch us run around and throw a frisbee? My response is go away, I might meet up later.

Ok here is a motto that I have lived by for a long time. Running is only necessary if someone is chasing you with a knife.

With that I shall part ways until probably after the celebration. Peace, Love, and I'm outty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters