Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Book Moods

Tonight I went to Barnes & Noble with Shoofly for a bit.  While there I saw this book that I didn't know about.  It is in the Artemis Fowl series.  Which I didn't know that there was a series.  I read the first one in my Children's Literature class up at ISU.  I enjoyed it immensely.  It is compared to Harry Potter and LOTR but yet it is it's own style.  Well I find that there are 2 books following the original.  I want to get them!  They sound very intriguing.  Then while looking for these books online to see where I can get cheaper deals I start thinking about how I really want to read the Harry Potter series too.  So I find that there is a Boxed Set of the first 5 books of the series.  And I can get the set averaging about $13.30 per book.  Which is a great deal.  Of course this is all hardcover.  I like hardcover editions so much better than paperbacks.  They are easier for holding.  They don't wear out as quickly as paperback.  The look a lot nicer.  I like to keep books for reference and to read in the future too.  Have them for even farther down the road possibly for my children to read too.  But my dilema is that I have yet to finish reading the LOTR Trilogy of books.  I have yet to pick them back up.  Which is crazy because I know when I do I will keep reading and reading but yet I just don't seem to sit down to read them.  I also can't bring myself to read new books when I have a book already in progress.  I feel like I am cheating on LOTR if I pick up Harry Potter or Artemis Fowl.  You know what I mean?  Sounds stupid I know but I have my notions and morals.  I don't know if you would call not wanting to "cheat" on a book moral or immoral but that is how I feel.  So by talking about this and thinking about my lack of reading and wanting to be reading I am going to go into the living room and pick up where I left off from LOTR: Two Towers a few months ago. 

So, I have a few good books that I plan on reading, LOTR series (finish up) , Artemis Fowl series (purchase?), and Harry Potter series (purchase?).  Does anyone have any books that they might recommend that I or any readers of my blog might want to check out?  Go ahead and mention those in the comments section.

Live, Love, and Good Reading - K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters