Monday, August 02, 2004

Jobs Jobs Jobs

So today is another "JOB" day. I'm about to start spelling it out as if it were a bad word or something. I'm getting sick of needing a job and not having a job. My cousin Susan who works at Blue Cross Blue Shield called me this morning to inform me that they are taking applications again for Customer Service Reps. I still cannot pass this up even though I have tried to get a job with that company 3 times previously. Hopefully this is lucky number 4. Although this time was different. Instead of doing everything at once it was only filling out the application and handing it in. In previous attempts I had to fill out the app, hand in the app, wait for them to review the app for approval to get tested, take a data entry skills test, wait for them to grade them, pass it, wait for a manager to interview with, interview with a manager or two. Then leave. This would take hours! So many people would be doing the exact same thing. Oh and also along with all that I went through those times I get a rejection letter each time. Fun stuff. Well, I am hoping that this time it appears they are taking their time and not rushing through things. Do the apps now. I assume they will review them and then call the qualified candidates based on the application which included a few problem solving questions that you have to answer in paragraph form and watch grammer too. Which is why when I am on AIM I try to type properly and use decent grammer. I don't want the internet to make me lazy. You know what I mean?

I also went down to the S.O.S. building today and picked up an application. My dad says he heard that they will soon be hiring and it is good to get in an application before hand and not when the job actually becomes available. But 1 application doesn't work for all jobs, I have to apply to each position individually. The lady gave me 2 apps just incase I mess up, cause I am supposed to fill out the app except for the job applying for and then make 4000 photocopies she said. She isn't kidding either... well maybe. But the app would be 6 single sided sheets, that is a decent app.

I haven't worked out today yet. I plan on doing some walking if not mowing. I really need to mow the back yards. I didn't get them last time and now they are insanely long. But I have 1 more resume to get out today and that is to Marine bank for a full time teller position that includes benefits. WOOO! That is where I bank too so that would be cool.

What will I talk about when I get a job? I won't be going out as much. I won't be on the job hunt anylonger. Maybe I will use this blog to vent about my job when I get it (whatever it will be). Who knows.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters