Monday, October 04, 2004

Flu Season

Yep. It is almost that time of the year. I blame the flu season of last year on all of the shit that hit the fan for me in the first half of 2004. I got so sick last December which I believe led to all of my blood problems resurfacing. So now I am in a different boat. My spleen is gone and now I am more susceptible to getting sick and if I get sick it is likely to be more severe than the average joe. I'm planning on getting a flu shot this coming Thursday with my mom. At 9am the Meijer Store will be having a flu shot clinic and it will cost just $15.00 for the shot. I see that Walgreen's ($20.00) is doing it too and also has a Pneumonia shot($35.00) too. But I did some research and it reminded me that I got the Pneumonia shot back in February before my surgery. It was a requirement. And I just read that people don't need more than 2 pneumonia shots in their life and never get this closer than within 5 years of each other. So, hopefully I will never get pneumonia. I will get the flu shot and hopefully I will not get sick like I did last year. Cause if I get THAT sick again I might have to go into the hospital or something.

I got my oil changed in my car today. I decided to use this 2 dollar coupon I had for Lube Master over on Stanford by Chantilly Lace. They appear to have done a good job. It was 24.99 for a basic service but they use a higher "quality" of oil apparently. Valvoline or what not. Supposed to be good stuff. I'm not well read on that stuff so I will take their word for it. It is a bit expensive though compared to other places. Seemed pretty complete. They say I may need to get my transmission fluid changed and also have my radiator flushed and changed. My dad says I should go to other places for those, like places that focus on those parts for a living. Also they actually vaccuumed my car all over unlike Wal-Mart Full service oil change who did nothing of the sorts even though they were supposed to.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 05, 2004 2:15:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going with my mom to Bank One for a flu shot- I believe theirs is only $10 - if you're interested, let me know and I'll fill you in on the details.

MMM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com


Site Counters